- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, sliced, only the white part
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 10 sprigs fresh flat parsley
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3–5 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ of 1 fresh lemon
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Saute the leeks, and garlic in butter until the onions start to caramelize and the leeks start to turn golden brown
- Add the cauliflower and sauté until it starts to brown. Add the stock, wine, and thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower florets are tender and cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice, whipping cream and use a blender to puree it all until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. If it’s thicker than you’d like, thin it out with a bit of extra stock.
- Serve with a drizzle of whipping cream, flat parsley, and red pepperQ.